Happy Monday all!
It’s easy during the busy holiday season to get so caught up we neglect to take care of ourselves. While the is focus of the season is doing for others, we should make sure we do for ourselves. Here are five tips on how to practice self care during the holiday season:
- Just Say “No”: It’s okay to say “no” during the holidays. It doesn’t mean you’re a Grinch or lack holiday spirit, it means you know your limits. So if someone asks you to bake 100 cupcakes for a Christmas party and you don’t have the time, just say no. Santa will completely understand!
- Treat Yo Self: Make sure your holiday budget allows room for you to get yourself a special item. No matter how big or small it is, you deserve it!
- Get Your Sleep: The holidays are not the time to skimp on your sleep. If your body requires 7-8 hours worth of sleep, do it. Getting a good nights sleep not only benefits you but your loved ones as you won’t be so quick to bite their heads off!
- Don’t Wait Til The Last Minute: Don’t be a masochist and wait until Christmas Eve to decide to do all your holiday shopping. Schedule specific days to get your shopping done. I find that shopping after work Monday through Wednesday a breeze because the stores and malls are less crowded than on the weekend. This way you can get all your shopping done with no hassles!
- Ask For Help: You are not a machine so stop thinking you can to do it all. Everyone needs help from time to time and there is nothing wrong with asking for assistance. Getting others to help out reduces stress and makes for a happier you!
Remember you are just as important as your loved ones this holiday season. The holidays are meant to be enjoyed, not dreaded. So put a bright outfit (like I have on below), take care of yourself and enjoy the holiday season!
Have a wonderful day!
Coat: Old Navy (old, similar here)
Sweater: Loft (wearing an XL, here)
Pants: Eloquii (here)
Shoes: Ivanka Trump (old, similar here)
Bag: Nordstrom (here)
Happy Monday all!
Never in a billion years would I think I could wear sequin pants. Never. I had completely ruled them out because I didn’t think they would look good on my full hips. Also the majority of PS sequin “pants” I’ve seen have been mostly leggings. I am not a fan of leggings so that was a definite no-no for me. But like all things fashion, the PS sequin pant has evolved from leggings. When I came across these wide leg sequin pants from Boohoo Plus I was like “WOW! This is so me!”. I knew I could comfortably wear them because I like how wide leg pants look on me. It felt good finding a pair of sequin pants that fit my style and comfort level. While I’m a huge advocate of stepping outside your comfort zone, sometimes it’s good to stay within it and feel good about what you’re wearing.
Have a wonderful day!
Turtleneck: Old Navy (old, similar here)
Pants: Boohoo Plus (here)
Earrings: BaubleBar (here)
Shoes: BCBGirls (very old!)
Now that the holiday season is upon us, I’m sure you’ve been bombarded with all things shiny & bright. While shiny and bright is fine not everyone is comfortable wearing a sequin skirt or metallic pants. You can get glammed up for your holiday festivities without sacrificing your personal style. There so many PS party wear options out now that fit all taste and comfort levels. If shiny skirts aren’t your thing, that is completely fine! You have the right to feel wonderful and comfortable in your clothes. Remember you make the clothes, not the other way around! So today (with the help of some of my gorgeous blogger boos) I’m highlighting holiday looks that show you dont need shiny and bright to be glam!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Disclaimer: I have permission to use these photos. These pics are property of their owners.
Jeniese from The Jenesaisquoi
Crystal from Sometimes Glam
Shakera from The Real Sample Size
Dionna from Made Me Pretty
Happy Monday all!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! I spent the holiday stuffing my face (as usual) and spending time with my family in NYC. I did very little shopping this Black Friday because I only wanted a pair of earrings but these Cyber Monday deals have me rethinking things! While Black Friday will always be the the number one shopping event, Cyber Monday is definitely giving it a run for its money. In some cases you can find better deals on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday. Another plus to Cyber Monday is that almost all the participating retailers offer free shipping during the event. Yay!!!
I wish I could include all of my favorite Cyber Monday picks but this post would be super long! So here are a few of my favorites along with some Cyber Monday deals you can’t miss. And don’t forget to sign up for Ebates to get cash back on your Cyber Monday purchases!
Have a great day and happy shopping!
ASOS: 30% off your purchase
Gap: 50% off your purchase
Lord & Taylor: 25% off + free shipping on all orders
Old Navy: 40% off your purchase
Simply Be: 30% off your purchase
Sole Society: 30% off the enitre site (price reflects the discount)
Steve Madden: 30% off your purchase
Talbots: 50% off one item & 40% off your entire purchase + free shipping on all orders
Target: 15% off your purchase
H&M Plus Dress/Eloquii Camel Coat/Liz Clairborne Striped Sequin Sweater/JCrew ankle boots/Lane Bryant large dot tights/City Chic Faux Leather Midi/Mango Tote/Baublebar Concordia Crispin Drops/UGG Kristin Boot
Happy Hump Day all!
On the last day of my weekend staycation , Jami and I headed into the Fairmount section of Philadelphia for brunch and to visit the Philadelphia Art Museum. On the weekend you can usually find me in jeans and sneakers but for my staycation I wanted to elevate my weekend uniform. To achieve this I decided to wear a denim on denim outfit. I wore a cute denim shirt with a pair of wide leg jeans and my blue velvet booties (you can’t really see them but they are AWESOME!). Denim on denim will always be a classic because it’s a cool, casual look that looks good on everyone regardless of size.
Jami and had such a good time exploring Philadelphia during my staycation. I’m planning on doing another one next Spring when Philly really comes alive. If you haven’t done a staycation yet I totally recommend you do so!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody!
Coat: c/o Eloquii (here)
Shirt: c/o Eloquii (here)
Jeans: c/o Eloquii (here)
Boots: c/o Eloquii (here)